The English Online UPCAT Review module can be taken by itself, together with another review module, or inside the Comprehensive Online UPCAT Review. The module covers the grammar, sentence structure, word usage, vocabulary building, and reading comprehension skills among others. Exercises and practice tests are provided to ensure the mastery of grammar, correct sentence structure, and preparedness for all types of tests.
Two (2) sub-modules are covered in this module.
1. Language (Communication Skills)
Students need to achieve a level of language proficiency required for college academic work. This sub-module covers the review of grammar, correct and effective sentence structure, and precise word usage.
Topics covered are:
1. Subject-Verb Agreement
2. Case of Pronouns (Subject & Object Pronouns)
3. Pronoun-Antecedent Agreement
6. Adjectives and Adverbs
10. Sentence Structure (Run-on Sentence, Sentence Fragment, Parallel Structure, Modifiers, & Logical Errors)
11. Precise and Effective Use of English Words
12. Strategies in Taking the Language Test (Finding the error & Sentence Correction Test)
2. READING COMPREHENSION
Designed to improve reading comprehension skills and assist in vocabulary building, this sub-module contains:
1. explanatory texts
2. supplementary drills
3. exercises for specific reading skills
4. practice tests for overall reading performance
Topics covered in this module are:
1. Synonym and Antonym
2. Context (Strategies for Getting the Meaning of the Words)
3. Word Analogy (Strategies for Word Analogy)
4. Sentence Completion (Strategies for Sentence Completion)
5. Strategies when taking the Reading Test (Basic Reading Skills)
To learn more about the Online English UPCAT Review module, don’t hesitate to drop us a message
If you are not sure which subject you need to focus on, you can take our Free Diagnostic Test to assess your strengths and weaknesses. You will receive an immediate result after taking the test and our Educational Consultants are ready to provide you with additional advice.